The University of Chicago makes G Suite for Education available for faculty, staff, and students of the University. G Suite includes the following services:
- Google Docs - Create and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, presentations, forms, and drawings in real-time
- Google Drive - upload, store, and share any file type
- Gmail - provides gigabytes of email storage, highly effective spam filtering, and powerful search with integrated instant messaging, voice, and video chat
- Google Calendar - allows easy scheduling, meetings, and events online
- Google Sites - easily develop and customize simple websites - no HTML required
The use of G Suite within the University allows for easy collaboration using CNetID for login in an environment specific to the University.
All current students, faculty, and staff are eligible to use UChicago G Suite with the exception of people in organizations that are part of the Organized Health Care Arrangement (OHCA), i.e. people that are subject to the Biological Science Division's HIPAA policies.
If you are part of OHCA but would like access to UChicago G Suite, you can request an OHCA exception by contacting the BSD Information Security Office by email at email@example.com.
There is no charge to the user for this service.
UChicago G Suite are available at these addresses:
- Gmail - http://gmail.uchicago.edu
- Google Docs - http://gdocs.uchicago.edu
- Google Calendar - http://gcal.uchicago.edu
- Google Sites - http://gsites.uchicago.edu
- Google Drive - See instructions for installing Google Drive on your computer.