You are hereHome :: IT Policies
IT Services will never request your CNetID and password via email, external webform or other unusual methods (i.e. googledocs spreadsheet). If you receive such a request, it is a phishing attack aimed at illegally obtaining your CNetID and password. Never reply to these messages or follow any instructions these messages contain.
- Eligibility and Acceptable Use Policy for Information Technology – describes the policy governing the use of information technology at the University
- File Sharing Policy – describes the file sharing policy for sharing copyrighted materials on the University network
- New Information Technologies and Intellectual Property at the University – describes the basic principles surrounding new information technologies and intellectual property at the University
- Statement on Commercial and Political Use of IT Resources – describes the limitations on commercial and political use of IT Resources
- Use of External Service Providers – policy for using third party technology providers for data storage and transmission
- Policy for the Digital Use of the Social Security Number – provides usage and remediation guidelines for the use of Social Security Numbers in digital form
- Policy for Use of the ChicagoID – provides background information and usage guidelines for the ChicagoID
- Regulated Computer Policy – describes the security and management requirements for computers housing sensitive data on the University network
- Policy for Authenticating University of Chicago Users – describes the requirements for Authenticating University of Chicago Users
- Policy On Computer Account and Email Requirements for University Employees – describes the policy for employee access to online University administrative systems
- Procedure to Handle Requests for Records or Information – Information about the University of Chicago faculty, staff, students, or other affiliates is covered by certain privacy laws, University policies, and regulatory requirements. All requests must follow this procedure to ensure the proper protection of both those individuals and the University.
- Use of Non uchicago.edu Domain Names – outlines the circumstances under which any domain name other than uchicago.edu can be used on the University network
- Redirection of University Domain Names to External Networks – describes the approval process for pointing a domain name to an external network