Departmental purchases of computer hardware and peripherals can currently be done online in BuySite using integrated catalogs from Dell. Peripheral equipment and Apple products are available in BuySite. For large orders or orders requiring special handling, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Desktop and laptop equipment can also be leased from IT Services, which helps departments plan and normalize operational expenses.
PC and Mac purchases for personal use are available to faculty, staff, and students under an agreement between the University and several vendors. Please use the links below to choose and order items directly from Apple, Dell, and Lenovo:
- Receive free shipping, free engraving on iPad and iPod
- Receive the option to buy online and pick up at an Apple Store
- Receive special savings for students, faculty, and staff
- Member Exclusive Offers - Enjoy up to 30% off on select systems.
- Electronics and Accessories Discounts - Members save an additional 5% on Dell brand and additional 3% on non-Dell-brand products.
- Educational discounts available on Lenovo’s commercial-class Think branded desktops, notebooks, and workstations
- Online portal with availability and support for order placement and tracking, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Desktop computers/laptops/portable devices
- Software installation
- Configuration problems and general troubleshooting
Microsoft Products for students, faculty, and staff
Actively enrolled University of Chicago students can now download Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows for free by visting http://softwarediscount.uchicago.edu. Sign in with your CNetID and password. Active staff and faculty can also download the software for personal use at a greatly reduced price.