Resources for IT Staff
IT Services provides a number of technical tools for IT staff. Click on the links below to find out more.
- Find IT Support Peers in the University and Medical Center
- Subscribe to the Announcement RSS feed - Get the latest technology news
- Read Connect, the IT Services newsletter
- Policies - University and IT Services policies, procedures, and standards
- Foundation Services - Documentation for Chicago ID, University of Chicago Active Directory (UCAD), and the Mainframe
- IT Sector Research Services - Technology research services
- Scoops - An ongoing series of short presentations about topics important to IT types at the University.
- LDAP - Document for LDAP authentication and configuration
- University of Chicago Active Directory - (UCAD) Documentation
Data Storage and Server Hosting Services
- Central Data Storage - IT Services' Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Server Hosting - Physical server and Virtual Machine hosting
- Host Registration Forms - Forms for registering and changing a host
- Network Time Protocol (NTP) - NTP servers on campus
- Jack Activation and Repair - Information about activating or repairing jacks
- What's My IP? - Learn your IP address
- Certificate Authority - Certificate signing service
- Email Headers - How to display full email headers
- Firewalls - Information on desktop, group, and campus firewalls
- Guidelines for the Secure Management of IT Infrastructure Systems that Process, Transmit, or Store Confidential Information - management controls for securing IT resources which transmit, process, or store Confidential Information as defined by University Policy 601
- Minimum Encryption Standards - statement on the University's minimum standards for encryption
- Network Forensics - Forensic analysis of NetFlow data
- Password Escrow - Securely store passwords
- Phishing Alerts RSS Feed - Examples of the latest email scams
- Regulated Computers - Requirements for computers housing sensitive data.
- Vulnerability Alerts RSS Feed - An aggregate of the latest vulnerability alerts
- Web Application Security Testing - Test and report on the security of web applications that access sensitive data
- Windows Security - Tools and guidelines for Microsoft Windows and related technology
RESOLVED: Issues with DHCP (wireless and wired network)
Feb. 11, 2014 - As of 3:15 p.m. all network services are operating normally. Recap of event: At...
UPDATE - Issues with DHCP (Wireless and Wired)
Feb. 11, 2014 - At approximately 2 p.m. this afternoon, the DHCP service (which provides dynamic network...
Issues with Wireless Service
Feb. 11, 2014 - At approximately 2:15 this afternoon ITS began receiving reports of problems connecting to wireless across...