Departmental purchasers can access Adobe products in two ways:
The Site Licensing Office is maintaining a volume license for Adobe Creative Cloud VIP (Value Incentive Plan) licenses. These licenses are the full set of Creative Cloud applications, including Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash Pro, Fireworks, Premiere Pro, Muse, etc. Single App titles are not being offered at this time.
Orders can be placed in Buysite by choosing the ITS Site Licensed Software icon as the supplier and searching for Adobe. Hospital requesters can submit a Form 62 to 6019 S. Kimbark. The enduser name and UChicago email address must be included in the External Notes section of Buysite orders or on the Form 62 for Hospital purchasers for Named User licenses. Named User licenses will not be sent to the requester if the requester is not the enduser. Device license purchases are for computer labs only and must include the name of the lab, a MAC address of each computer and a contact person and email address with the purchase.
- Available for Windows and Mac
- Download-based installation (from Adobe) for Named User licenses and flash drive or DVD media for Device licenses.
- Named User licenses can be installed on two computers for a single user. The end-user name and email must be provided at the time of purchase. Device licenses can be installed on one Computer lab machine only (must be located on campus) and is not concurrent. The Department's lab must be identified and the computer's mac address must be provided with the Device license purchase as well as a contact name and email address. Only one IT contact per lab will be added as administrator to the portal. That person must create a device package installer from the portal for installation on the lab computers. Orders are processed within 1 business day.
- License Term: September 26, 2015 to September 27, 2016. Renewal is due each year in September regardless of when you initially enroll in the program.
- Annual Cost: $275 per Named User (2015-16 pricing). $225 per Device License. Cost is pro-rated monthly (on the 28th) for those that enroll in the program after the term starts.
- There are no refunds for Adobe Creative Cloud VIP licenses but Named User licenses can be transferred to another U of C faculty or staff person. To do that, contact email@example.com.
Perpetual licenses do not expire; however, Adobe is no longer offering perpetual licensing for Creative Suite products.
Acrobat Pro, Contribute, and Captivate are still stand-alone Adobe products and are still available as perpetual licenses and may be purchased in Buysite choosing the GovConnection punch-out.
- Download and install – you may install on a mobile device in addition to a laptop or desktop. Download authorization will be sent to the contact person you provide with your purchase. If you need physical media for Acrobat Pro, you can request a custom quote from GovConnection.