IT Services will never request your CNetID and password via email, external webform or other unusual methods (i.e. googledocs spreadsheet). If you receive such a request, it is a phishing attack aimed at illegally obtaining your CNetID and password. Never reply to these messages or follow any instructions these messages contain.
- Acceptable Use Policy – describes the policy governing the use of information technology at the University
- FAQs on the Acceptable Use Policy - provides answers to frequently asked questions about the AUP.
- File Sharing Policy – describes the file sharing policy for sharing copyrighted materials on the University network
- New Information Technologies and Intellectual Property at the University – describes the basic principles surrounding new information technologies and intellectual property at the University
- Use of External Service Providers – policy for using third party technology providers for data storage and transmission
- Policy for the Digital Use of the Social Security Number – provides usage and remediation guidelines for the use of Social Security Numbers in digital form
- Policy for Use of the ChicagoID – provides background information and usage guidelines for the ChicagoID
- Data Classification Guideline - defines classification of confidential information and assigns corresponding roles and responsibilities
- Policy for Authenticating University of Chicago Users – describes the requirements for Authenticating University of Chicago Users
- Policy on Computer Account and Email Requirements – identifies requirements of faculty, staff, and students needed to provide secure access to many online functions
- Baseline Protection of End User Devices – defines specific steps end users take to appropriately secure from misuse or theft the computers and other electronic devices they regularly use for their own access to the network
- Placement of Computing Devices in Network Security Zones - describes the criteria used to determine how devices are placed into network security zones
- Use of Non uchicago.edu Domain Names – outlines the circumstances under which any domain name other than uchicago.edu can be used on the University network
- Redirection of University Domain Names to External Networks – describes the approval process for pointing a domain name to an external network
- Regulated Computer Policy – describes the security and management requirements for computers housing sensitive data on the University network