Update and Manage Websites Easily with UChicago Sites
January 28, 2014
With a design based on the University’s Webby award-winning homepage, UChicago Sites provides a quick and easy way to spin up a University-branded website. UChicago Sites is a tool with an intuitive content management system that allows users with little or no technical expertise to start building websites right away, just by pointing and clicking in their browser.
UChicago Sites is designed to be easy to update and manage while taking advantage of best practices in web design. Available features include the ability
- to use a web browser for updates;
- to upload images and include YouTube and Vimeo videos;
- to display events from the University calendar;
- to create unlimited user accounts and assign roles with different permissions; and
- to publish news articles and have them automatically show up on homepages and RSS feeds.
To get started, visit Sites. If you already use Sites, you'll be pleased to learn that enabling the design, Plaisance, on your site takes only a few clicks. See our Knowledge Base article for more information.